Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

ANDRE 3000 TALKS FASHION, MUSIC & OUTKAST REUNION w/ ‘GQ’ + NEW FREESTYLE

After being featured in Gillette‘s latest men’s razor commercial, Andre 3000 has been slowly but surely moving back into the music spotlight. GQ.com had a chance to sit down with the rapper/actor and chat it up about his clothing line, the possibility of an Outkast reunion and his own future plans as a solo artist.

ON RESURRECTION CLOTHING LINE, BENJAMIN BIXBY:
Yes! But it will just be named Bixby this time. It’s going to be real exciting, I can’t say too much about it, but I can say this year and next year there’s going to be a lot of cool things coming from me fashion-wise. Bixby is one of them. Also musically, sound-wise, and fashion. You’ll see a lot of releases.



ON OUTKAST REUNION & POSSIBLE ALBUM:
There’s been a lot of talk on the Internet about an OutKast album and I have to say that as of now, there are no plans for another OutKast album. There’s a lot of music on the horizon. I’ve been living off the excitement of new artists. I’ve been privileged to have these new artists kind of reach out and grab back and say, “Hey, Andre, we want you on this song.” So I’ve been taking those calls and for the last two years, I’ve been doing collaborations.So these new artists have kind of been keeping me alive. I’ve just really been feeding off of that and this year I think I’m planning to do a solo project. I don’t know when it will come out, but hopefully it’ll come out this year. As far as OutKast, I really don’t know if or when that will happen.



ON HIS BIGGEST FEAR WHEN IT COMES TO HIS UPCOMING SOLO PROJECT:
The biggest fear is me thinking about it too much—and that’s why I’m just trying to catch the energy just like I’ve done before. What you all have heard before, I was not thinking, I was just going on cruise control. I was just going at it like any artist. When you look at the Wayne, when you look at the Kanye… I can tell when an artist is in the zone because they’re not thinking and that’s when you’re at your best. So I’m just hoping, at this point, I don’t let my history get in front of my future. You know what I mean?

Speaking on collaborating with other artists, check out Andre 3000 latest feature on the 13-minute track, “Do Ya Thang” by Gorillaz. In collaboration with the Converse brand, the song also features James Murphy & Damon Albarn. Andre’s part comes in at the 1:49 mark.










No comments:

Post a Comment